Thread: My 2012 740Li
View Single Post
      12-23-2011, 01:47 AM   #20
mbworldz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

740i impression

I have a 2011 740i black on black. Since I dont care who will sitting behind me so no need the additional 6 inches LOL. Also this is my first BMW, all past cars were Mercedes. I must say this 740i just amazing! Gas mileage is awesome!
People might think this 7 series is a huge car, with it move with the N54 inline six? You bet! They actually increased the turbo boost for this car. When you drive it, it feels like V8. I also did a race with the Porsche Panorama S, Unfortunately once I hit 150mph, (or before 150) it won't go anymore lol. The Porsche Panorama S is a fast car but heavy also. He didn't past me but it was behind my back all time. I wish Dinan has the tune for our 740 but looks like they don't. It will be bad ass! Love driving it with the Sports mode all the time, gear changes, revs...etc all goto the ultimate setting. Very responsive.

Main complain is the Angel Eye! Horrible ugly yellow ring. Just can't understand why the flagship don't deserve the LED AE, while the lower model 3 series, 5 series and X3, X5 has it.

Overall I am impressed. Fill up the tank, took a trip to Vegas from LA, When I got there I still have 1/3 tank left. My 2008 Mercedes E63 AMG gas mileage was bad. Need to fill it up twice in order to get there. But of course different feel of the car and the E63 is just a monster.

To me, there is no need to get the V8 unless you like bigger engine and waste more gas. Otherwise inline 6 is just perfect for this car.
Appreciate 0