08-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #5
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
You never have driven the ATS have you? You only use perception to buy a car without knowing what you're actually buying and not knowing the other choices you have.....

Anyway, I don't think the guy was being rude. I actually thought you were quite rude. The salesman doesn't control dealer inventory so to go off on him like that was wrong.

But, it does highlight the problem with Cadillac dealers. They are still on the mind of selling the deal and not the car. I went with my dad to our local Cadillac dealer back in July to drive the 2.0T and 3.6 AWD models because he is interested in replacing the E90 335xi with it. Anyway we drive both models and we liked the 3.6 better.

We go back in the showroom and they don't have an ATS the way we want it in stock( fairly fully loaded, black diamond, morello red interior) and my dad prefers to wait for the 2014 models. But the salesman kept on pushing how much money we could save on a 2013. My dad kept telling him that he wants the car the way he wants it and prefers to wait for the 2014. The guy kept on pushing how great of a deal we could get with the 2013 despite them not having a 2013 the way my dad wants it in stock.....

And that they don't stock models that will attract the demographic of people who look like the 3 series, G37/Q50, etc. They are stocking ATS's for the older demographic. With the good products Cadillac's are producing today, the dealers are going to hurt them because they don't know how to sell the new product. They are still on the old Cadillac mode of sell to old farts.
I wasn't being rude, I was trying to make a point. The point you clearly understand. The salesman got rude first, which is fine because the Caddy dealer near my work is offering 24-hour test drives, so I'll just go to them. All dealers try to sell the product they have on the lot. The 320i sport that I drove at the BMW dealer was offered to me at $3,800 off sticker right off the bat without me even asking (and I bought my E90 at this dealer 7 years ago) when I told them I wasn't buying a car that day.
Appreciate 0