Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32 View Post
The target demographic for a GTR is a lot different than a Porsche. People don't chose a Porsche over a GTR just because of the name. Look at it. It looks like a joke. It's not a car any professional would be seen driving.

In my parking garage in downtown, there really are only three cars. S-Class, Range Rover, or 911 (yes, I work in finance). If someone drove to work in a GTR, they either just finished grad school or they are driving their son's car for the day. They'll get laughed at. The guy driving the Porsche C4S Convertible will get laughed at too, but for different reasons.
That's the difference between the east and west coast. Cali is a car-centric place. There are millionaire traders in my office building who drive old Wranglers and CEOs who drive A4s and X3s. There is also an SLR and multiple G wagens but nobody cares. It means nothing here. The blanket statements you're making are simply not correct. Nobody is laughing at a GTR here.
I think his overall point was that most individuals with the coin to buy a GTR and/or working in certain professions wouldn't even consider a GTR. Despite its accolades, it's just not a car that they'd chose nor associate with success. When you see an M, a 7, an S, a Range, a high end Jag, a high end Porsche, etc., you almost immediately associate that person with success. The perception may not parallel reality, but in many cases perception IS, indeed, reality.
Appreciate 1