View Single Post
      04-21-2015, 10:25 AM   #1
bloading
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Financial advice

So I just wanted to ask some financial advice from some of the older/more experienced fellows on this forum. I'm a 23 college student who is expecting to graduate this coming May. Buying an m3 has always been my dream and I am hoping to get one sometime in the future. However, I have a little bit of loans.

I paid off ~150k (with a little help from my parents) and have about 50k left to go. When I graduate, I'll be making ~$66/hr full time but hopefully pick up more shifts ~50-70 hrs/week while I'm still young and capable of this. I'm not sure what this equates to after tax deductions and everything else but I'm hoping to pay off my loans as fast as possible but would buying a fully loaded m3 while trying to pay my loans off be a bad financial move for my future? I wouldn't have much other payments to worry about besides my loans and paying my parents back (interest free ofc) and will be living with them for a bit to save some money. I'll probably only use my money for paying everyone back and my m3 payment plus going out every now and then and the rest will go to my savings. Or should save my money for things that are bound to be a problem soon (a house, marriage, investing, etc)? This may be a stupid question with responses along the lines of "just do what you want" but I'd rather not make a rash decision and end up regretting it later on (probably won't regret it while driving it tho).

Oh, I'm also leasing a subaru impreza (POS) for $160/month and still have two years left on it.. I don't know what to do about that either haha..

TL;DR :: 23 years old graduating this year needing financial advice from wise folks. $66/hr ~50-70hr/week. 50k in loans + $160/month for my current lease. Bad idea to buy an m3 sometime this year?
Appreciate 0