08-22-2015, 12:28 PM   #11
Blaster400
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i, Porsche Macan S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolfM3 View Post
Where to you stay depends on how much you want to spend. But if you want to be within walking distance of everything, I definitely say south beach is the place to stay.

Some of my favorites are ritz carlton, loews, setai, raleigh, and delano. All of these are a little pricey but that keeps the younger crowd out. The trump is nice but there is not much in the area worth seeing.

Definitely make reservations for prime 112 for dinner one night too.
Ritz Carlton- super overpriced.
Loews- sucks in many ways
Prime 112- typical South Beach expensive rip-off. $250 or more for dinner for 2. Good though but I prefer Red for steak.

I agree with staying in South Beach but find a boutique hotel not one of the chains. For dinner consider A Fish called Avalon, casa tua, front porch (breakfast), cafe Prima Pasta (north beach where locals eat so reasonably priced). Lincoln Road is nice for shopping and hanging out at night but do not eat there total tourist trap. Consider going to bayside marketplace in miami for boat ride. Touristy but a fun thing to do once. Definitely check out Espanola Way at night.