01-27-2016, 07:51 AM   #11
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstnstr View Post
Wow! Purpose built. Would love to hear that system
The sound coming from the system is just effortless. I don't have one complaint about the system...well, I do...but it's minor. The system just produces. The system has pretty much stayed static for a few years. No need to mess around with something which works really really well. I've only added incremental upgrades such as having the turntable system moved from my 2 channel system to the system I showed here. I added the Vincent Audio tube phono preamp last year.

The fact I can crank the system hard and not get any audible distortion...just volume speaks volumes (pun intended) for how the system is dialed in. I've had numerous guests over who are musicians just rave about the system. And I love the fact I was able to pull off one of the goals I had, to keep the room looking like a regular extension of the rest of the house even though the room was purpose built.

When I think back, it's amazing how many years has passed when this project was a lot of ideas floating in my head to actual construction to final completion. A lot of heart, blood, sweat, and tears (financially) went into this.

I've been kicking around the idea of getting a new surround processor/preamp. I've been looking at Classe. But when I think about having to go through recalibrating/tuning the new preamp along with possibly having to redial in both subs, it's enough to deter me from upgrade-itis. Plus the Classe preamp I'm looking at will bring about more tears (financially).
Appreciate 0