02-10-2016, 03:45 PM   #49
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2HIGH~PSI View Post
For future generations that need to survive on this planet for 100 million years until everything crashes, burns whatever is the "end". Either way, we have offspring and others that are to survive here and I feel it rather selfish to exploit it solely for our generation.

Like I said, Im just playing devils advocate as we are all enthusiasts looking to make incremental power gains and bragging rights with our cars. I get it.

But on the same token, I also get where the environmentalists are coming from.

While cows, sun, factories, etc are all likely more substantial issues, ripping the cats off our cars and changing the exhaust pollutant, while small, is still an issue and thats what this is all about.
Apparently farting muskrats don't care about future generations of muskrats or baby humans for that matter...
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1