View Single Post
      04-18-2016, 02:41 PM   #34
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy View Post
So, you're comparing Nowitzki's most efficient game in 2011 against Kobe's final farewell game at the age of 37? Not saying Nowitzki's game wasn't impressive (it was), but that's apples and oranges. If you want to cherry-pick games, how about I raise you a game that Kobe and Nowitzki BOTH played in.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=251220013

[Note that I make no commentary on Kobe as a human being apart from basketball.]
That's not that point. The reason I posted an efficient game is people are having trouble understanding that "OMG 60 POINTS!#$!$!!!!" is a joke if you shoot 50 and your team is letting you take every shot and the other team is lackluster defensively. No intensity and people are falling over themselves to "honor a great."

The point is, this farewell game was not very impressive and shit on many levels:

1) Meaningless game
2) Utah gave up
3) Kobe took every conceivable shot
4) Kobe took 50 shots
5) Kobe missed 28 shots

Also, Kobe is a classless bastard that made this entire year all about him. When Dirk goes out, he's not going to tell people "this is it" in like game 10 and make the rest of the year about him.

It's a joke...Kobe is a piece of shit person and didn't win anything without the best big man ever and another stacked team with Gasol in his prime.
Appreciate 0