04-29-2016, 03:43 PM   #17
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhm3 View Post
The main difference is that when you compare the CTS/ATS over the years that have been out on the market and compare them to their main competitors:

CTS
5 series
A6
GS
E CLASS
etc

ATS
c class
3 series
a4
etc

You will find that comparing sales per month the cadillac product is outsold, the sales trajectory is relatively flat, with exception of the Slade.

2016 is going to be a tougher year for the marquee brands. the stock market, real estate markets have peaked.

3/4 series have been out in the market for over 4 years now and it is going to drop off a bit. still, i think i did the math, the 3/4 series outsell the ats 9 to 1 this year.
And the SRX did exceptionally well in it's last year of production, how does this happen, maybe because SUV/CUV's are all selling really well for everyone?

Yes the 3/4 outsold the ATS many times over, also the Camry is the #1 selling car overall and I wouldn't buy one if looking in it's class either.

Looks like the 3/4 series dropped by 25% from 2014-2015 and the ATS dropped by 10%. So the ATS is hated but the 3/4 have a dip because everyone already purchased one and it hit the market 4 years ago, not 3?

Also, I bought a used 2013 CPO ATS, and very happy with what I paid for the car, how it is to drive (handling universally reviewed as best in class), what it came with (forged, staggered wheels, Magnetic ride, LSD) when a comparable 3 series price was far greater. Can you get an LSD or forged wheels on a 3 series and what does it cost? If I drive it to 120k miles (my plan) the odds the overall cost benefit will grow in Cadillac's favor are huge. How many people get rid of their BMW because the warranty is going to expire?

Yes if you care about the badge, it's image as an old persons car, or what other people think I wouldn't recommend looking at one. As a BMW and Cadillac owner I prefer the "why did you buy an old person's car" over the "ah a BMW douche". .