05-04-2016, 10:46 AM   #100
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Unanimous based on a few responses on a BMW forum? I am sure GM execs will see this as unbiased data and get right on it. Also, finding a group of people that don't like car dealers of any brand shouldn't take too long.

I have been very happy with my Cadillac dealer experiences (service and sales). I take the car in, there is someone available, I go over what will be done and they give me a loaner, out quickly and without problems. Have been there three times for service and a couple of times for sales and other dealerships while looking. I will say it the waiting area isn't as fancy and the Audi dealer I used to go to always had donuts and a better couch but I also haven't had all the problems I had with my Audi so will take the less luxurious setting and not going over the opposite. I bought my BMW used 3 years ago and have never been to the dealer which is part of the reason I don't see fancy waiting rooms or showrooms as much of selling feature. I spend many hours each week in the car and virtually no time at the dealership.

Drove both, compared MSRP to MSRP then Truecar and buying services prices, did not sit down with the BMW dealer and push for their best price as I didn't see it getting anywhere close and didn't feel like wasting their or my time. I have found Truecar and other buying services to not be the best price but a good indication of what to expect. I didn't want to lease (then replacing the car every 3 years for eternity) which seems like where the best BMW deals are and instead ended up paying cash for a CPO.

Based on MSRP, then Truecar and buying services, MSRP was roughly $6k more for the 335, then the discounts available on the Cadillac were greater, making the spread even more. I saw no chance to get the price for an equal spec anywhere close.

Yes the 335 engine is better (now ATS has a new V-6/trans so difference shouldn't be as great), then the ATS handling is better and we can go on and on about the differences but I made my choice after considering both cars. I am completely fine with others choosing the 335 (most do) but do wonder how many give other brands a chance or are just are so caught up in the badge, dealer waiting rooms/showrooms, and their status in society based on the type of car they buy to actually do it.
Fair enough, that's why I said later on (prior to your post)...it was based on the experiences in this thread, not unanimous across the world. But if we're nitpicking, the execs would see it as "biased" data. Honestly, I just don't see how dealerships (in general) can still treat customers like the way they treat me and many others. It's not like I expected to be waited on hand and foot. I just expect professionalism and to be treated as a customer. Rather, I've faced blatant disrespect as well a compete ignorance of what I wanted as a consumer.

The two Cadillac dealers that were responsible were both in NJ:

Malouf Cadillac in North Brunswick
Coleman Cadillac in Lawrenceville - same dealer that refused the Corvette test drive

And am I brand conscious? I could care less. I buy what is best for the money from both objective (Edmunds, CR, NHSTA) and subjective (test drive, looks, "feel"). But believe it or not, if the dealership treats me poorly, I don't go back. I don't need to beg or placate someone so they can sell ME something.

I personally give other brands a chance; to not give other brands a chance is ignorance.

My $0.02.
Appreciate 0