05-04-2016, 02:02 PM   #110
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335 View Post
This was the reason the Chevy dealer gave me for not letting me test drive the Vette. I got an M5 as a result.

"Our Corvette buyer prefer 0 miles and buy the cars without rest driving them because they know it's what they want. We don't test drive Corvettes."

As a consolation, they offered to let me test a used Vette that wasn't even the same trim. I was looking at a Z06, the used car was a base automatic Convertible.

I was like, "I need to drive a car before I decide to spend money on it." To me, anyone who makes ANY purchase without empirical research (test driving is one key input), is just stupid.

Sorry to all the Corvette guys whom have purchased their Vettes without testing them first.
I have got to know which dealership this was ... because I will never, never, ever buy anything from it or any dealership affiliated with it ever again, and I will encourage my friends to treat it the same.

PM me if you feel more comfortable. But refusing a test drive on the basis of a customer not needing one is like buying a suit without trying it on. It's patently inane from a sales standpoint.

"You have a bunch on the lot and they're not sold, don't you? So, why can't I drive it, again?"
Appreciate 0