David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartato View Post
Dem gauges...

BMW may get flack for having plain interiors but at least they're functional, not whateverthefuckthisis.
I agree the ATS's instrument panel is pretty poor but how is this not functional? I can tell my speed, gas, temp., then the three panels on the bottom can show whatever else I want. Also, seeing it this way requires a flash or some odd extra light as reality is it is black and you can't see the background.

I made a list of what was most important to me and handling, steering feel, weight, price, RWD, long term reliability were far higher on the list than the gauges. If gauges are the top of your list you don't want an ATS.

I am really happy the Ultimate Driving Machine is being defended by comparing gauges, dealership showrooms, styling, salesman, and especially image to a Cadillac (to me Cadillac wins on this one), never would have thought it would have been possible. A few years ago a Cadillac would never have even been discussed on a BMW forum, people wouldn't care enough to comment, good to see more competition.

On a side note 2017 gets new gauges.