View Single Post
      07-14-2016, 02:42 PM   #120
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirob View Post
Yeah, I read the points you were trying to make...the only pitfall is that you're putting your trust into the ability of Sutcliffe...who obviously, in your opinion, is the daddy of racing...
No I dont think he's the daddy of racing but I do think he's capable of setting consistent lap times. More than 'some guy on a forum' is willing to question.

Quote:

While Horst is very capable and knows the Ring very well, you don't think a factory BMW driver, who helped develop the car on the Ring (and knows it just as well, if not better) would not put a better time down?
Do you think that?
How many multiple times in laps do you think von Saurna set compared to that factory driver. He even held the all time ring record. So I think he's pretty capable yes.

Quote:
My point is, the M4 may be faster (definitely should be) than the Type-R on a tight technical circuit in the hands of someone more capable than Sutcliffe...you're too hung up on that one specific comparison. Any other head-to-head between the two where the Type-R came out on top...or even another review between the two, period?
So 2 testing sessions on different tracks with different experienced drivers that point out the same in which is fastest is less of a factual value than no testing sessions by no drivers but by a guy on a forum that says so?
lmao

Quote:
Also, I never even argued why the Type-R is faster than an M4 around the ring
But now you have....
So which is it.
What's up next, that the civic type R secretly doesnt have 300hp but 450hp and that everybody is too hung up by what the factory specs? That would make your story complete.
Because that is the core of my point, how do other manufacturers (Honda, Renault, Seat) pull it off, making cars that are equally fast but with 120hp less.(and for a fraction of the price).
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 07-14-2016 at 02:52 PM..
Appreciate 0