View Single Post
      09-12-2016, 11:09 AM   #269
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Impressions and my takeaways from game 1:

Dak is definitely the "future". I said this about him in pre season - He looks and acts like a Veteran! He never got rattled even under huge pressure of being sacked/hit. He floated a couple, but I will take that over picks. He just makes good decisions and has great vision and pocket awareness. I see no reason to remove the young man from his starting position should he continue to perform like this, if and when Romo returns. The most impressive thing he did, was drive/put his team in a winning position with @ 3min left in the game! Then leave it to Terrance Williams to fok it all up by NOT going out of bounds. Because Bailey surely would've kicked the winning field goal.
Now on to the Defense. If it can even be called that... The front line is in desperate need of help. The pass rush is non-existent. Secondary is still suspect except for Byron Jones at Safety. But the REAL problem I had/saw was Coaching! Marinelli, as good as he is as a Defensive Coach, did not make needed adjustments to help the porous front 4. He should and better start Blitzing waaay more. Because pocket passers like Eli will continue to do damage without pressure or fear of being rushed/hit. And of course, Jason Garrett, I have never and will never be a fan of this 'Ivy-league tongued Yes Man'. He has no concept of 'time management'.
Zeke will get his. The kid has mucho talent! He and Alfred Morris and Jackson make for a potent group of RB's. If my team gets their asses kicked is one thing. But nothing sucks worse than having a opportunity to win and it being either blown by the officials or in this case our own player, Williams. But I saw enough to be optimistic.

I swear Bill Bellicheck is some sort of F'n WIZARD! The guy always manages to put together a winning squad with folks you never heard of. To beat the Cards in AZ with someone other than Brady is crazy.

How bot that Raiders at Saints game! Damn entertaining.
As much as I hate to admit it, Eagles looked good against a hungry Browns team.

I also really wanted to see Jalen Ramsey, the stud Cornerback that I wanted here in Dallas. He will be a monster. I was hoping Jags would take down Green Bay.
But Zeke was the better pick for Dallas all things considered.

What made yesterday so awesome was the sheer number of games that came down to 1 and 3 points!

Double-header tonight: Skins and Steelers & Rams vs Niners

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 09-12-2016 at 11:15 AM..
Appreciate 1
VRG_135839.50