Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 730d M-Sport Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
^^^
Interesting

In any case, I'm personally easy to please in terms of car audio so any branded sound system is superb for me (and anything that has less than six speakers is crap haha)

However
AFAIK, I think the audiophile community believes that Bowers & Wilkins is better than Bang & Olufsen. In any case, based on the reviews of B&W systems used by Volvo and Maserati, I think I can understand why. Either way, HARMAN still wins haha

By the way, speaking of Rolls Royce, what is the sound system used in the Rolls Royce Wraith Black Badge???

Is it a HARMAN sound system? Or does Rolls Royce make their own in-house audio system?
In a surprise opportunity to visit the factory and meet the production director I was told that speaker wise, they use a variety of brands like Harman etc but for the audio side it was lexicon, i think he said lexicon 7. He also told me that Rolls Royce refuse to promote any other manufacturers brand so that why you wont see a logo except RR inside their cars.

I also had a ride in a long wheel base phantom which the driver turned up some classical music to a louder volume, it was good but I can't say I left the experience thinking I'm missing something with my HK setup.

I also have B&W as my home cinema setup but i could not spend 4.5k on it for the car!
Appreciate 0