11-24-2016, 01:45 AM   #14
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Dude, I already have a plan to get there. NASA won't fricking listen to me but I'll outline it here.

1. Start developing real ionic propulsion. (Start Now)

2. Launch a series of cargo ships carrying living and medical supplies for 3 years. The landing modules will be converted to living spaces by robots. (Living space. This ain't a safe space.) Start 7 years in advance and launch every 6 months. This continues for a total of 20 years.

3. Launch emergency return vehicle with trajectory to be in position at the half-way point when the manned vehicle passes. It will maintain a trajectory to intersect any manned ships en route to Mars

4. Launch factory ships to Mars equipped with 3D printers to manufacture replacement parts and create needed. This continues for a total of 20 years.

5. Launch ionic propulsion modules into Earth orbit.

6. Launch first 5 man crew into Earth orbit. These are the builders who will ensure proper assembly of the living quarters.

7. Launch 5-man crews every 6 months until a population of 100 or so is reached.

8. Maintain colony in perpetuity.

I would go but I have no useful skills to contribute. I'll just stay here and manufacture drugs.
This is at least good for a movie. Love the vision.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34192.50