12-24-2016, 04:56 PM   #8
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD31 View Post
Thanks for the review. I'm seriously considering a Macan S for my next vehicle and appreciate a normal driver's insight. I would love a 718 Cayman too but I don't think it'll be practical for a DD with our crappy roads and weather in Michigan.
No problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I'm way to old to be a hipster...

But its a fact that these cars are hugely profiteable for porsche and are sold in far greater numbers than their sportscars so that porsche isnt compromising their cars for volume sales simply isnt true and these cars are the proof of it.
So that choice of words stood a bit out for me.
It has nothing to do whether or not this car is better or worse than its BMW or Audi rivals.
They don't. Porsche sells well due to their reputation not the amount of cars they have. Compared to BMW, Audi, Benz... Porsche's car line up is extremely small in comparison. Panamera, Macan, Cayenne, 911, Cayman and Boxster. That is their general line-up. In comparison, BMW has X1 to X6, 1 series to 6 series, never mind the up coming X7 and 7 series. Also all of the M models. Yes Porsche has a lot of trims for the 911 but that is the car they are known for, even if you do include these trims, Porsche line-up is still smaller then BMW.

Everyone on the BMW side has complained about BMW diluting things too hard, Benz is starting to do this too. Do you see Porsche do any of this or plan on it? As of yet no, they won't go under a Macan or Boxster. And it isn't like Benz/BMW where they have other models outside of the states, Porsche cars are the same across the world from what I understand.

Last edited by Arcades; 12-24-2016 at 05:22 PM..
Appreciate 0