ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
That Bruichladdie is one of my favorites (slight preference for the heavily peated version, but the unpeated is also wonderful). You might try looking online for the PA liquor board pages - they have a whole section of special order only that has some very nice stuff that you can order and pick up at your local store. I'm at work so I can't pull the site info past big brother's firewall to check- I'd hope they stock these. I've been starting to browse it myself, planning a trip down near the PA border later in the summer (I routinely swing into VT for the brands that they sell below NYS cost - sometimes more than $10/bottle savings).
Hmmm, I'll give it a try. In asking for these types of things at the liquor stores, they tell me they'll get it...but I need to buy the case. And that shit aint happinin. Let you know what I find out...

from reference on the Bruichladdie, I've been a vodka guy my whole life. And you bums on this site got me started in full blown alcoholism and drinking scotch. I'm not sure I'm ready for a heavy peated version yet...as I'm told it's similar to dirt and only enjoyed by the true connoisseurs (which I clearly am not).

BTW - If you're coming to PA to buy any sort of liquor, I think you're nuts. What others typically get for $40 - i'm typically paying close to $60. Just trying to help...