View Single Post
      02-16-2018, 10:31 AM   #6
vivalaReagan
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelo Cat View Post
Those wheels look great, thinking of getting a larger set of rims for Summer use and been debating between 20 and 22" until now but maybe a good compromise would be 21" like you have here. Do you have the MSport version (not sure whether you get the same packages there as here in the UK)? Not sure what the Autobahn package is...

Anyway, my question is how do you find the 21" wheels? Do you normally drive in Sport mode or Comfort and do you find it 'harsh' with that combo (mode and larger wheels?) Some love the harsh or firm feeling, I'm more of a comfort fan so tending towards 20" to help slightly while getting nicer, larger rims still...
The 21" wheels offer a harsher ride than the stock 19's, but I don't find it to be a poor trade-off. The lower profile tires are the primary culprit, and I definitely "feel" potholes and expansion joints more often, even in comfort mode.

I don't have the M-Sport package (a good look with some nice features but it wasn't my preference), but I did get the Autobahn Package. Per your question, I think this package offers four-wheel active steering, larger brakes, and electrically actuated active anti-roll bars. Don't quote me on this, but I've heard it also includes Adaptive Drive, which uses a camera to sense upcoming road imperfections and directs the suspension to react accordingly. It is similar to the technology employed in Mercedes' Magic Body Control. My car has the Adaptive Drive feature but I'm unsure if it was part of the Autobahn Package.

Hope that helps and thanks for the reply!
Appreciate 0