03-23-2018, 01:35 PM   #3
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalaReagan View Post
post up questions you can't find answers to elsewhere or offer cool trick/tips not readily known. i'll start with two questions:

1) can the rear side sunshades be controlled from the driver's seat? i checked the manual and can't find the answer. this is a needed function when i'm attempting to change lanes at night and cannot see out the rear passenger window because the shade is up. i could lower the window, which would lower the shade, but that's not acceptable if it's raining. the rear window and rear moon roof shades are controllable from the driver's seat, why aren't the side shades?

2) why does the rear tablet power on when the ignition is shut off? when i power the car up, the tablet powers up, which makes sense. after a time of non-use, it goes to sleep. again, makes sense. once i arrive at my destination and power down the car, the tablet powers up and i have to reach into the backseat to power it off. granted, it would probably power down/sleep after some predetermined time, but when i'm parked in a public place at night, the brightly lit tablet in a dark car could attract unwanted attention.

thanks.
For 1 it's as George has said, press and hold the rear blind button and it'll do the side ones as well.

2 is a good point. I guess it stays on because someone might still be in the car to use it. I wonder how long it does stay on, does it go off when you lock the car from the outside for instance?

I had wondered about having a tablet on view as might entice someone to try and break into the car. My plan as I don't have the Exec Lounge Seating will be to just push that arm rest up when people aren't in the rear so it's not visible.
Appreciate 1