View Single Post
      04-24-2018, 11:49 AM   #12
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Good to hear that you're pleased with the PM3s. I've been going through various headphones. I currently have a set of B&Os, Shure SE535, Grado SR100, and AKG K280s. The ones I use the most for quality listening are the Shure SE535 and the Grado SR100.

I'm wondering if the sound of the PM3s will mimic the lush sounds I love from ribbon/electrostatic speakers. I remember hearing a set of Apogee Stages being driven by a full Krell stack at the local drug dealer to my college. The dealer had this in a listening room where they set up an acoustically transparent curtain. The curtain rails were set up just in front of the speakers and they would pull the curtain across during auditions. After a while, you forget there are speakers behind the curtain and you're just in the moment.

I remember Stax headphones and always wanted to own a set. But the price of admission was way too high. Hoping these PM3s will match up. I also have a portable headphone amplifier I will use with the PM3s from Ray Samuels Audio called the Predator.
How do you like the Shure 535? Looking for a good IEM as I'm getting a little bored with the Klipsch X20i. As for the PM-3 I really like the design, feel, warmth of the tone. But if I'm being critical, some of the Grado models I do like better. The PM-3 was perfect for me as I was able to get a pair for about 40% off. Definitely no regrets though.
Appreciate 1
zx10guy5161.00