View Single Post
      07-19-2020, 07:13 PM   #78
srey
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by E91WAG3N View Post
It's a big shame that MB will only offer up 'allroad' versions of their estate cars. It seems odd that they'd tinker with the E wagon given how loyal and wealthy the new car buyers are in that segment, even with the low volume of units. Both the S212 and S213 are nice, visually I prefer the rear end of the older chassis but that's not a deal breaker. S212 seems tried and true at this point as well, which is a plus. I'll end up giving both a try along with the Macan to see what works. Tyler Hoover from Hoovies garage picked one up and I'm fairly certain he said he was able to get his S213 without air suspension, I need to read up to see if that spec was an option on the previous gen as well. That would be a nice headache to avoid 5-10 years down the road.

Completely agreed! The responses here don't really surprise me since they proportionately reflect what's out on the roads today. Bigger does not always mean safer both in the context of a vehicle and car seat. Engineering is key.

In terms of ingress and egress, my oldest self buckles and our 2 year old is making progress in that area so hopefully we don't end up at the chiropractor!

Sounds like you're dead set on being different. I think it's silly to avoid a minivan, but your money, your choice. I second the Mercedes R. An E wagon would work too if you insist on a car. Dark horse is an LR4, just because I'm eyeing one for my new winter vehicle.

Any choice you make, though, a van or 3 row suv is still the best tool for the job. I won't call your kids names, but my three little shits would have scored the doors of hundreds of cars in hundreds of parking lots without the sliding doors. It's also the most comfortable for everyone. I also keep my cars a long time, so the minivan was a long ball family hauler purchase. It sure killed me a couple of years ago to be driving through a windy coastal road with redwoods in NorCal in a Sienna instead of my 335i. Oh well. At least I wasn't as mad when my kids produced and did every single one of the most vile and disgusting things a human body can do in the minivan instead of my car.
Appreciate 0