View Single Post
      10-13-2021, 07:29 AM   #13
LuckyW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexvladv View Post
Apparently the satnav is not working anymore after they tried to do a software update, when I confronted the garage saying that my satnav was working just fine and no fault codes after 3 diagnostics when I got it there they got super defensive and asked me to leave if I questing their ability to do their job and insult them like that, they took the car to the BMW local dealer and they claim the best engineer is working on it, 30-40 years of business, I asked him to explain how this happen and he claimed that this things can happen and the problem was there before, bullsh*t.. Asking your mechanic what progress they made on your car is an insult I guess and duty of care means nothing.
I had a similar adventure during the last service check out of my service package.

I Asked politely,
  • If there was an update available for my system iDrive.
The answer was that there is actually an update,however if I don't have any system problems they advise me not to touch it.

So I asked,
  • However, if I would like to install these updates can they do it for me.

They answered openly and discouragingly that at my request and the risk that I have to bear if the update fails and the cost of 150€ and the possible specter of repairing equipment that is in the professional option, I resigned.

The f#$%& hands are just drooping, what a failure and this is a BMW service.
Appreciate 0