View Single Post
      03-26-2022, 11:26 AM   #278
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
.033..the gap is reducing by a massive bit.
I know it's still very very early in the season (just 1 race in...), but what I already like about the rivalry between Max and Charles, is that they try to be the fastest all weekend. Of course practice is also about getting the car sorted, but both drivers seem to have that urge to perform from the get-go.
This is what we also saw a few decades ago (Prost, Senna, Schumacher, Hill, Hakkinen rivalries to give an idea), that drivers were batteling eachother all weekend; they just wanted to be fastest all the time

And I think this is how it's supposed to be. Because this way they're also giving the fans more motorsports, more their money worthwhile (especially those who paid for friday and saturday tickets).

This is so refreshing to see instead of the sandbagging we had to swallow for years and the pathetic little drama play that came with it that there were so much problems and finally in the last minute of Q3 a strong pole time was set because the team worked so hard bla bla bla

I mean it's pretty pathetic that I had to watch F1 to even learn that there is such a word as 'sandbagging' in the first place.
For those reasons I also can't imagine being a fan of a team(s) or driver(s) that are associated with such a word.
I mean, even if I would watch F1 'just for the cars', one would watch it for the cars to perform right?
I think the whole idea of sandbagging is a moral disgrace for motorsports in general and an insult to the fans who have to watch cars underperform on purpose.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 3
NYG11051.50
M5Rick61858.50