02-22-2024, 07:58 AM   #3
mbtsvntrs
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 740i

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimo5 View Post
You want vehicle to be at latest integration levels anyway when you take the car to tuner. Not sure but I would think tuners themselves would also update to latest software that is available to them. You really want to get it done before tuning, because if you are going to do it down the line with whole car integration level update, then you will wipe the tune.

This update can be done on DME only as well, but seeing as this TSB applies to i-levels 17-07 and 17-11, and if that is your case, then your whole car is overdue for software update and full software should be deployed thorough ISTA. Whether you do it yourself, have indie garage do it, take it to dealer or possibly have it updated by tuner, is up to you. Perhaps you can get it done for free at the dealership, seeing as there is TSB out for it.

Raimo5,
Just to follow up and I hope it helps others as well.

The vehicle needed to be updated, through ISTA+ I was able to update to I-Level S15A-21-07-562, from a 4 years old I-Level. This fixed the error.

The only thing I had going for me that lead me to the update was that once the oil reached a certain Temperature (over 90 degrees Celsius) it would work normally. I believe, that if it was a mechanical issue, clogged actuator, or center valve (that's as far as I got to replacing) or worse, cams... the error would stay on all the time, and NOT just when it's cold.

thank you for your help and Advise.

-M
Appreciate 0