View Single Post
      02-27-2024, 06:46 AM   #14
Alvin Mpower
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP

The thing about merging from a on ramp is that if the merging lane is long enough, there is no yield sign. You either speed up to merge in front the car or you slow down to merge behind the car. If traffic is flowing properly there should always be enough space between cars for you to merge, if there is no space the guy is tailgating too close the car in front for no reason. If there is stop and go traffic, people always zip in one by one. I have been in so much stop and go traffic, it has become common sense that people allow others to zip in front.

If the on ramp is not long enough, there is always a yield sign. Since there is not enough lane for you to speed up to merge in between vehicle, you have to come to a complete stop and merge in when possible.

You have no idea how many people don't know how to merge here in central Virginia. They merge like an a$$hole, because they think they own the road. They also don't know how roundabout works, like its a brand new thing. Stop in the middle of the inner lane and let yield sign lane coming in is the dumbest thing I have seem. People just generally don't know how yield sign work down here, it's mind blowing they have drivers license.