vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Are you shooting up, or just monitoring?
My A1C was literally off the lab test machine's scale (14+) at my last test, and my normal range was frequently 400+ a month ago. Fast-acting wasn't doing crap for me as my doctor kept increasing the dose, and my long-lasting dose was already maxed out at the highest recommended and not doing anything. One would think that my diet was bon-bons and donuts, but it really was not!

Just over a month ago, I decided to go beast mode on eliminating all carbs and starches. Rabbit food, three meals per day. The first week, the Libre 3 was logging between 250-400+ (maxed out). The second week, both levels dropped by 50. I tried a cup of coffee with a splash of milk one morning, and it shot right back over 400 again for several hours. I tried fast-acting a few times, but it still didn't move the proverbial needle.

Long story short, the graphs kept improving each subsequent week, with no fast-acting. A picture of the current week's Libre 3 ranges chart is worth a thousand words:

Name:  ranges.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  62.3 KB

(Note that at some point recently, the medical profession decided to raise the top target range from 150 to 180. Using the old 150 top range, I'm still in target for 75% of the time.)

I can drink 1/4 cup of OJ before bed and not even twitch the Libre's needle now. I'm afraid to even try fast-acting, because it will probably work now and send me into a low sugar shock now that I am detoxed from all the stored sugar that was polluting my blood with nowhere to go.

The pastry shell on today's lunch empanada caused a spike from 130 to 175, which came back down to the 150's by dinner (lemon pepper wings from BWW) and is still holding flat around there. I'm sure that it will be around 110 again in the morning.

Hey, you asked.....