View Single Post
      03-28-2024, 05:08 PM   #8
jbrucebmw
jbrucebmw
Rep
Drives: 09 M5 95 M3 85 M635CSi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna Beach View Post
If used they will but that is a big if. Sounds like they don’t love cars like you do and it’s doubtful they’ll have the patience every time waiting for the auto doors to open and close. Plus the i7 is huge and so are the doors! If you have a small garage it’ll make it very cramped in there. Your M5 is gonna have more scars than you can handle. Buying a bigger house might be cheaper than all the therapy you’re gonna need.
Yes, they actively don't like cars and see them as appliances. My wife wants me to have another appliance in the garage next to her car that I don't care about.

The i7 may seem huge but its actually narrower than a Model S or X.

Now the door length is something I have to look into. The Model X obviously has doors that open up so that's not so much of a concern. I really don't want to buy a model X but it does solve the problem.

Finding another house with a wider garage in west LA is challenge right now with the lack of inventory. Our house is otherwise really nice with a low tax basis but its maxed out on the lot making any garage expansion impossible.

Its also a total pet peeve of mine that newer houses have really narrow garages (like 17-18ft wide) because the building regulations only allow 18x18ft to not be counted against your square footage. From the late 60s-90s when garage space was regulation free, 2-car garages were often 20x20 or 22x22. They were built to accommodate the land yatchs of the 70s. Now we're actually back to those land yatch dimensions especially with EVs and wide battery packs across the floors. If cities want more EV adoption they should be regulating for larger garages to fit EVs and chargers.

Last edited by jbrucebmw; 03-28-2024 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: adding comments
Appreciate 0