04-01-2024, 04:02 PM   #2
LVBMW
Captain
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60 '23 Tesla Model Y-P

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spam Head View Post
It is now just over a year since I took delivery of my i7 after a long period of waiting for it to be built at the Dingolfing factory in Germany.

This is by far one of the worse built BMWs I have ever had.

As a BMW fan and love for its ultimate driving machine stand point, I was expecting the i7 to be yet another spot on choice so to transition from my 745e into an all electric luxury car.

Instead, what I have experienced over the last 12 months is the absolute opposite with poor build quality issues, excessive wind and road noise, embarrassing tech failures, and totally unreasonable running costs with the tyres needing to be replaced every 10k miles.

I am therefore not surprized that the car has not been a great seller in the UK and Europe; and that there are now so many discounted deals available for it. I guess not everyone is foolish like me to have fallen for the BMW marketing hype about the i7's status as an ultimate luxury vehicle.

All I would say to anyone considering the i7 is that, perhaps you should simply wait for the LCI model in 2025/2026 as no doubt, and with some hope, the BMW bosses are hard at work trying to persuade the company's engineers to improve and build a proper luxury car rather than some ill-thought through misadventure just to please the Chinese market.
Sorry for the bad experience. I have only heard people rave about the i7 interior and build quality. Care to share any "deets" as the kids say about build quality, tech failures, etc.?
Appreciate 2