View Single Post
      04-02-2024, 02:00 AM   #1
CSLA
Rep
Drives: BMW i7 xDrive 60, EQS580 SUV

Just picked up a i7 xDrive60

Hi all, I wanted to introduce myself and my new i7 xDrive 60. My 2022 Tesla Model X is being bought back due to safety related issues so I didn’t have the luxury of ordering.

I had to search long and wide to find a car equipped with both 356 climate comfort glass and the autobahn package. Both of which I had on my prior G12, which was a special order that I worked on directly with BMW Individual in NJ with.

I wasn’t particularly looking for a car in luxury line or in Oxide Grey with the Cashmere interior, however I’ve always found BMWs and the 7 in general highly affected by optional equipment so I prioritized feature content. It’s quite the opposite of my special ordered G12, which was Frozen Dark Grey with no exterior chrome and a Tartufo interior.

I’m slowly warming up to all the chrome and the car has a unique presence. The cashmere is certainly interesting, I’m still warming up to the feel of it and questioning the long term durability of the material.

IMO the G70 feels two generations removed from the G12 and holistically different to other BMWs as a luxury product. Whereas the G12 was a bit less insulated and still had plastic door guards and rubber sills (closer to the rest of the BMW model range) the interior of the g70 is lined in carpet and felt door sills so there will never be squeaking when the chassis flexes over low speed bumps. The seats are exponentially more comfortable and the suspension tuning is miraculous in the effectiveness of the active roll stabilization and its capacity to have one rebound and be done when absorbing a bump.

I’m quite happy, the only detriment is the range is a bit of a disappointment compared to my EQS Mercedes and Teslas. Our 2022 Model S is at 405 miles and Model X at 350. I had an EQS450 sedan, which was around 400 miles that was just replaced with an EQS580 SUV at 318. So far the computers showing me around 278 miles at 100%. Hopefully that improves with further calibration.

Happy to be here and back in the BMW fold!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW 10.pdf (4.67 MB, 173 views)
File Type: pdf BMW 11.pdf (4.03 MB, 87 views)
File Type: pdf BMW 13.pdf (5.03 MB, 94 views)
File Type: pdf BMW 14.pdf (5.19 MB, 76 views)
File Type: pdf BMW 15.pdf (5.37 MB, 82 views)
File Type: pdf BMW12.pdf (4.34 MB, 81 views)
Appreciate 3