View Single Post
      05-03-2024, 11:50 AM   #43
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Service intervals and maintenance packages all depend on the country the car is meant for. It's in the VIN readout.

BMW has got different maintenance intervals for regions or countries, worldwide.

The standard EU-wide engine oil service interval is 2 years or 30,000 kilometres for all engines except the B47, IIRC. M break-in period is at 2,000 km.

Of course, if you beat the shit out of it, the CBS will adjust, but that's really worst case scenario.

Your service intervals in the USA or CAN are very different and shorter. Extremely hot or cold climates, too.
If they were worried about different climate extremes then you’d think they’d recommend different oil viscosity but it’s the same everywhere. S65 gets 10W60 regardless of the climates it sees.

I’m surprised the EU interval is 2 years or 12.4k miles whichever comes first. I’d be concerned about two year old oil in a car likely not driven long enough to burn off the moisture absorbed by the oil. I always think about my 8k mile or once/year OCI and whether I should use every 4k miles or twice/year OCI.
Appreciate 1