12-07-2009, 03:32 PM   #24
Zephyr15
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrockNJ View Post
This is one of the things that bugs me the most. this show makes it look like this is what Jersey is all about. For 8 months out of the year the Jersey Shore is an awesome place to be. But then as soon as the summer starts these fools infect the entire north shore area. You don't get too much of them down south like in ocean city area. But in belmar, point, and seaside, forget about it. That's why I'm a proud supporter of www.bennygohome.com .
This is accurate.

The other factor at work here is that MTV is stuck using Seaside because no other town wants them. Seaside seemingly embraces the fact that it is the place to go for young people looking to be perpetually drunk, stupid, belligerent, destructive, etc. It's a dump and the people act accordingly. Not surprisingly, the fact that these people (casted by MTV for their predisposition to act stupid) know they are on TV is going to ratchet up the already absurd behavior to epic proportions.

Other New Jersey towns, like Point Pleasant Beach (I assume that's the "Point" you referred to) do have their share of "fools", but aren't even vaguely comparable to Seaside. In fact, Point Beach remains a very popular spot for families because the town has maintained a kid-friendly boardwalk and beach area that is clean and safe. The Jersey Shore has many fantastic towns with great people where this crap isn't the norm.