View Single Post
      01-16-2010, 06:48 PM   #135
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Had my car in the shop for another software and map upgrade. They did the software upgrade but had some issues with their servers and were unable to update the latest map data (2010-1 release). I'm bringing it back for the map update once they have worked out their server issues. The navigation has a few minor quirks and what I have been told is that the root cause for these issues are due to the fact that BMW decided to switch map data providers. Apparently, they no longer use Navteq!

Anyway, after I got the car back and I started it up today, I noticed something that I have not seen before. Either it is part of the latest software or I just never really notice it before. When I start the engine, BMW in large letters with a couple of vertical lines underneath is being displayed in the head up display for a few seconds! It's actually kinda neat

Has anybody else seen this on their cars before?
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0