01-21-2010, 07:03 AM   #1
nd750
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750xi

New Member thoughts

Hello -

Glad to find an active forum for the 750. I've found them to be very helpful with my other vehicles.

About to commit to a 750Li x-drive to pick up in 2 weeks. Just got out of an Audi S8. I think the 750 will provide a similar driving experience (getting M-sport package), some more torque, but I'll miss the sound of the B&O system, the lift setting for deep snow, and the sound of the V10 engine.

I almost went to a Panamera Turbo, but the (still questionable) esthetics are a factor (was amazed at the 750 in person, even it looks so much better than the pics showed) the size is a factor (family is about to grow to 5 and I didn't want my most expensive car something I can't even drive the family in). Also, as I'm putting a Turbo in my Cayman S, I wasn't sure if I needed 2 scary fast cars (I have 8K track miles on the Cayman, that's where you can really get the use out of them!)

So, I look forward to being a member. I'd sure like to explore some mods on the 750 to tune it although it looks like Dinan won't be taking it up real quick.

I need help: (maybe this would be a good sticky post) it would be great if all the "nagging issues" of new 750's were posted in one spot. I'm 400 miles from my dealer, and would like to be sure to check out any common rattles, noises, or other issues (like rear seat entertainment not coming with headphones) etc. I'll be driving it locally for a couple days, but if I can give my salesman a list of things to check out ahead of time, that would be great.

Thanks everyone.

John
2007 Porsche Cayman S Turbo
2006 Land Cruiser
Appreciate 0