View Single Post
      04-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #8
LLepard
Rep
Drives: 2010 750 xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
@LLepard: Did you buy this car new or did it have a previous owner?

If you bought it new, did you brake the car in as per the user manual?

Reason I am asking is because the car 'learns' your driving behavior and will adjust the throttle response and shift points over time accordingly. If you bring it back to the dealer, they can reset the computer to factory defaults and the car will start to learn your behavior again. I had it done as I liked the original response of the car when I first got it, but because of the brake in period, the car sort of took it 'easy' as it figured that's the way I always drive and would like to drive it in the future. After the reset, the car was definitely more responsive again. Maybe you should go and talk to someone at your dealer (preferably the shop foreman or someone that works on the F01/F02 series cars!).
Thank you, that is very helpful. I will try that. I did baby it during break in.

Also, it is made more confusing because my wife drives it too and she does drive slowly. So the car is probably very confused.

Having said all of that, i am driving it more in sport mode and find that solves most of the problem. It is a very interesting problem. Sometimes there. Sometimes not. In particular it is worst between 10 and 30 miles per hour. It is almost as though the car is set to have a constant RPM and will keep shifting no matter what. To keep the RPM at 1600 or so.
Appreciate 0