View Single Post
      01-07-2011, 11:22 PM   #11
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Met with the shop foreman today, and have the following answers (if you can call them that):

1. press the lock button on the trunk once, not twice, to both lock and close the trunk?

A. Button not functioning properly.

2. make the trunk open and/or close faster?

A. No.

3. reduce and/or increase the intensity of the massaging seats?

A. No.

4. connect a Verizon Wireless Motorola Razr via Bluetooth?

A. Not sure; will get back to me.

5. keep Park Distance Control on, each time the car starts, not needing to press the Camera button and/or engage the Reverse gear

A. Not likely, but not sure; will get back to me.

6. For those who have BMW Individual paint, is there any way to obtain touch up paint

A. Possible; though, let's see when it comes in!

7. Is there any way to copy the radio presets I set with one key, so that I do not have to reprogram same for the second key?

A. If I bring both keys in, they should be able to do this for me.

8. How do you remove the slight scratches that are created by merely cleaning it (yes, I know to never use anything dry or rought to clean it, but scratches that you can see at night at certain angles are created regardless!)?

A. No answer.

9. Is there a way for the stereo (radio) to automatically lower in volume when the car is giving navigation directions? Every other car I've had did so, and this one just keeps the stereo at the same level throughout.

A. F01 is designed differently from the other BMW models and others have complained about this as well.

10. Under navigation settings there is a checkbox for Satellite Images; what does this do? Must one have the $200 per year convenience plan for same to work? Whether checked or not makes no difference on mine, and I do not have the plan.

A. Already figured this one out: Convenience plan not needed, just needs to be zoomed out to a certain level.

11. Correct me if I am wrong, but pressing the DTC OFF button and having the icon of a car and the word OFF below it - to the right of the tachometer - IMPROVES traction in snow!? Is this not counterintuitive!? Anything combining "Traction Control" and "Off" would make me think that the car is reducing traction...

A. Already figured this one out: Should press the button only if stuck in snow. Press the button again, once moving in snow. Foreman confirmed.

12. Is there any way for the automatic windshield wipers to be programed to remain on each time I start the car, or is this similar to not being able to program the PDC for same, resulting in one's need to turn it on each time?

A. Thought they do when the headlamps are on Auto, but they do not, so he's not sure; will get back to me.

13. I'm getting into my second week with the car and just noticed that it's taking the iDrive , navigation system, etc. longer to load upon startup, where the BMW splash screen stays lit, or there is just a black screen, or, when I put the car in reverse, I get either the PDC alert noise and/or just an image w/ no guidance lines and w/o the Red/Yellow/Green diagram, for a few moments. Why this longer boot time?

A. They may 'reflash' the car.

14. Very strange: sometimes my heated / ventilated seat settings remain upon shutdown and startup and sometimes they do not. Note: this concern does not have to do with use of different keys. Do these settings remain in the system only for a set amount of time?

A. Didn't know the car did this; will get back to me.

Another question that I asked the foreman:

15. Is there any way to increase the loudness of the turn signal indicators?

A. No.

Problem with this is that I have the BMW Individual Wood Inlay Steering Wheel and it's impossible to see the blinkers when they're on, and with how sensitive the stalk is, my blinkers are sometimes inadvertently on (which is a pet peeve of mine) when I'm listening to the radio loudly, yet I have no way of visually telling same. Not cool.
Appreciate 0