Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CesaroM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post

4) Nothing authentic about Alpina. It's similar to what Brabus does to Benz cars
You seriously have no idea what you are talking about.

First of all ALPINA cars are very special and Very different from a regular production BMW cars. M performance vs just Alpina tuning or stock M5 vs stock B5 are two separate worlds.

Second , what Brabus does to for example Mercedes cars, for example cls or s or cl class, is pure hardcore and totally another level in my honest humble opinion and for me they make some pretty insane car transformations , like totally from inside out. And they are ridiculously expensive and unreachable. You can compare Brabus tuning to G-Power BMW'S if you want , but NOT Alpina.
ALPINA cars seem so uninspired these days. IMHO- their design language seems married to (or hiding behind) a very dated and and now over-cooked "aftermarket" look. There was a time when their work was subtle, but clearly differentiated. Now it seems as though the new model arrives, they slap on a big tune, big wheels, big chin spoiler, quilted leather and a bunch of badges.

My dealer had a B7 (prior gen) sitting in their show room for months- eventually it sold at price more closely resembling that of a loaded 550i.

With the introduction of a V12 M Performance (Series) 7, how does the B7 survive?
Appreciate 0