View Single Post
      11-05-2010, 03:48 PM   #8
Mr 7
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2009 650i, 2011 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
1. Not currently possible (although technically there is no reason BMW could change their software to do this). Maybe you should email HQ (in Munich) and suggest/request that feature for a future software upgrade!?!

2. This is programmable via the iDrive menu. You can select if you want just the driver door to unlock or if you want all doors unlocked. IIRC by default the all doors unlock option is selected (at least after they do a complete software update on your car, that's what it defaults this option to, as this is what happens to me every time I get a software update). IIRC there is also an option if you want the doors to automatically lock after you start driving.

The trunk can only be closed via the button on the trunk lid or by hand in NA as JBlackbelt pointed out. Apparently the trunk can be closed via the remote in some other countries! So again, this is just something they restricted in software!
1. My 2011 550i already does that, all you have to do is press the ribbed area on the door handle for about 4 seconds and the mirrors fold, and the windows roll up. I'm sure the 7 can probably be programed to do that specially since the 5 and the 7 share a lot of components together.

I can also vouch for the remote trunk closing thing my 550 does that flawlessly and I don't live in NA. I think I read somewhere that BMW restricted that feature because every one in the U.S is law suite happy.
Appreciate 0