05-17-2009, 03:00 PM   #57
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm5272 View Post
Ok - I hate to sound like a broken record... but in the US - that is NOT the case. I appear to be limited to what the website lets you put together.
Nothing else. - Believe me, money was no object here.. I even wanted the eiiman Marcus which DOES have everything.

I hate when I get into my 7 series mood - cause I forget all the good things and dwell on the bad things (No active and Indv pkg, No rear iDrive, No choices of colors except the sets already put together,,,etc etc etc. ok - Im pissed again... gotta go.
Sorry to hear your 'pissed' again

In Canada, I can pretty much add any option I like or even change the (pre defined) packages but to be able to do that, I have to go through the special order process. There is a $400 or $500 charge for the special order (forgot how much the exact amount was). I can even get them to match the exterior or interior color to anything I like. BMW individual would provide me with a quote and a custom order code and then I can place my order for it. This may however take 6 month or so...

Have you talked to your dealership about the special order process?

If your dealership isn't capable of doing that, have you talked to a different dealership?

I'm not sure if BMW USA actually offers this, but I would assume they do.

Speaking of Neiman Marcus, that's where I actually got the graphite piping idea from

So after talking to my dealership and they got in touch with BMW Canada, I found out that this would delay the order by a couple more month and I really didn't want to wait THAT long.

Maybe for the next one... 760Li xDrive version (hope they will come out with an xDrive version of the 760!!!)...
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0