10-09-2014, 08:13 PM   #30
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingMeister01 View Post
Being in your 50's isn't a dividing point. Every meet or show I go to I speak to ladies and gentlemen of your age who are greatly involved in modding (or whatever you want to call it). They have the financial means, time and experience that younger people don't. It's a personal preference if you want to evolve with the times or stay comfortable, stuck in your past.

As for chrome, I could see it staying on the regular series cars and disappearing on future M models.
Wow have not responded for a couple days just taking some of the posts in on this thread. Had I known it would become such a sensitive thread for some and some would actually take offense I would not have posted. I stated to "read the thread once" since one member tried to degrade my age as if were "supposed" to mod our cars and be younger than in our 50's, and then stuck his car right in my face, 2 picts to be exact.

Maybe I'm getting something wrong here, but was on an M5 board since 2007 on another site, seems with the M5 I was never treated with such condescending attitudes in such a short amount of time by a select few. My thread topic was not using a matter of fact statements, i.e. like your wording "being in your 50's isn't a dividing point", that's a factual statement, I used words like "seems" "your opinion" "what do you think" etc. read it, non factual just your thoughts. Maybe this site should be just for modded BMW enthusiasts and not for Stock BMW owners, go figure.

As far as mentioning Matte finish, in, or flash in the Pan, seems as many that like the finish responded like they did, but in fact don't have it, with the exception of one 2008 blue one.

The reason I mentioned Matte was simply because from the BMW dealers that I have spoke to in CA, they have on a few occasions mentioned that the matte finish vehicles are coming back to roost on lease returns and are having trouble turning them, even at auction. Good luck trying to sell one.

To me it's offensive to put down the fact that I may not want to mod my car, I look at it different, but again only my opinion, I drive the sht out of BMW's on a regular basis and have for 25 years, I have found them to be the best new car out their from a privately owned auto manufacturer, one of the last in the world, maybe thats because I have never held a BMW more than 3 years. I personally don't want an old modded car that I put thousands into, I want a new one, period.

I owned an 2008 e60 M5, drove the living sht out of it, 0-60 in 4.1 seconds, a 206mph family car, had it for little over 3 years put 90 thousand miles on it and only changed the oil and tires. These are cars that are will built, but feel sorry for whoever bought it, I'd never own a used BMW. Sensors we starting to recognize issues, although, transmission was sealed and 16g to replace, brake job 2g an axle, good luck to whoever bought it since I never touched brakes or tranny.

As far as posting and using the word "chrome" I didnt mean Chrome as in Chromium that cars gave up years ago, I meant the silver brushed aluminum used for years now, that is being blacked out, sorry about that.

I feel modding is a personal affect that one does to something that the original designer did not have in mind. And that's great since we all like being individual, but its just not for everybody in my opinion.

Sorry to rant like this but have always taken offense to others that try and tell me that I am too old for anything. Your only as old as you feel, and were all entitled to our own opinions.

PS my first BMW, 1978, couldnt fit em all in on my signature obviously.

With integrity nothing else matters, without integrity nothing else matters.
Appreciate 0