View Single Post
      02-21-2010, 08:24 PM   #2
jasonrhcastle
BMW fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Cayenne Turbo

First, never put money down on a lease unless it is as a Multiple Security Deposit (MSDs). You are essentially wasting that money by doing so. What if you wreck the car, or total it? That money is gone.

MSDs allow you to buy down the rate on the lease by .00007 per MSD, for a total of 7 MSDs (.00049 reduction). This money is refunded at the end of a lease. The MSD is equivalent to the lease payment of the vehicle. So, say your monthly is $1500, then your max MSD is $10,500. This you get back at the end of the lease.

So, lets talk about price. They are offering you $3000 or so off MSRP. Invoice is just about $9000 off sticker. So, I would offer about $101,500 or $102,000. Nothing more. If they wont deal, then I have a CA in Atlanta that can most definitely accommodate you and ship your car out. You would definitely save money that way, even with shipping charges.

Also, make sure that you are getting buy rate, or at least minimal mark up on buy rate.

If you have the time, and inclination, then European Delivery will save you about $13500 off of sticker, and you get a vacation. This is what we are doing with our 2011 750ix individual this coming September.

Feel free to email or message me with questions. I am happy to help a fellow owner save some money. Also, check out the "Ask A Dealer" section at www.bimmerfest.com/forums.

Cheers, and congrats on the new vehicle.

J

On order: 2012 Ferrari California....
Appreciate 0