05-24-2018, 08:36 AM   #14
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
You need to put the transport company on notice that you have claim against them, and that they should preserve any records relating to the transport of your car. You can start with them yourself, but you are probably going to need an attorney. He/she may decide to sue both the dealer and the transporter. Each could deny liability and point their finger at you and allege you signed for the car and subsequently caused the damage; your credibility will be an issue, fair or not and like it or not. That is why you need an attorney. The other tack is to engage your insurance company and see whether your coverage includes such events. If so, they will pay a claim (less a deductible of course) and then go after the transporter; if they succeed in a full recovery you will get your deductible back. I am not sure insurance coverage would include transport prior to taking delivery but it is worth asking.
Keep in mind that the car may have been damaged even before it reached the first selling dealership. BMW repair vehicles damaged during transit in their PDC centers prior to distribution. I would very politely but firmly approach the dealer and BMWUSA for evidence that the vehicle was not repaired at the PDC prior to delivery....

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0