View Single Post
      02-04-2016, 01:58 PM   #47
OUGrad05
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 and 2022 Acura MDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BEASTMW- View Post
I just read that you're 6'6" (thought I addressed that in this thread, but it must have been in another thread). I am afraid you can probably forget about an S2000 due to your height and the fact you want to track it. You mentioned you'd like your wife to be able to drive it, which I presume means on the street, which means you can't have a roll bar safely. This means you'll have to use the stock roll hoops.

I'm in the same situation, yet even at 5'11" I had to get a Bride race seat and rails that dropped me 1.5-2" (basically on the floor) to pass the "broomstick test" between the roll hoops and windshield header while wearing a helmet. Even with that, I barely pass, and I have a short torso for a 5'11" guy (my ex-g/f was 5'9" and was taller than me when sitting down). Sadly, it appears Honda designed the S2000 around a small Japanese man (no racist).

I guess you could get a hardtop, but I'm not sure how stout that really is in a rollover anyway.
Yeah, I can fit in the S2k but would be tough to do with a helmet, probably a bit better than my Z06 with a different seat? I can do HPDE's without a roll bar but will never get to go full bore in that situation.

I may have to rethink totally if I can't sort this out. Weird part is the E46 M3 doesn't have anymore headroom or maybe less than a Miata, which sounds crazy but unless its a slicktop I really can't do an E46 either...

I'm hoping the cayman works out well on Saturday.