View Single Post
      02-04-2016, 03:28 PM   #48
-BEASTMW-
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUGrad05 View Post
Yeah, I can fit in the S2k but would be tough to do with a helmet, probably a bit better than my Z06 with a different seat? I can do HPDE's without a roll bar but will never get to go full bore in that situation.

I may have to rethink totally if I can't sort this out. Weird part is the E46 M3 doesn't have anymore headroom or maybe less than a Miata, which sounds crazy but unless its a slicktop I really can't do an E46 either...

I'm hoping the cayman works out well on Saturday.
I can't remember how much room I have in my mom's Cayman (Gen 1). Best of luck, I hope it works for you. They are awesome (wish my mom's was an S!). In a few years I'd love a current-gen Cayman S or GTS with the flat-6.

Some trackday organizers don't even allow you to run with the stock roll hoops - I'd say 2/3rds of the time you're okay. I think usually you're fine with a hard top, which would provide better aero anyway (often you're required to run top-down, which is fun but not very aero-friendly).

I had never really thought about the track implications of having a convertible that I need to be streetable. It's a challenge and especially hard if you're tall, I'm afraid.
Appreciate 1