View Single Post
      06-07-2013, 07:00 AM   #2
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE
I am not one to "just accept" suspicious sounds coming from a $90k+ car! Or a $20k car for that matter.

I've noticed a pronounced clicking/popping sound that appears to be coming from the steering column. I am still trying to discern exactly when it happens: while going in reverse or forward: turning wheel too far: certain direction....
It definitely happens after Parking and then proceeding to backup while turning!

The car is currently at the dealer. They have replaced the Sway Bar and Bushings. Sounds are still present.

Just wanted to see if any of you experience this? If so what is it? What diagnosis to use with dealer for repair?
Big Marcus, are you really a big guy?

Well, I say this because sometimes big guys need some help getting our of the car. As such, they grab on to the steering wheel with great force as they exit the vehicle. Sometimes, you can even see the wheel flex back and forth due to the extreme weight.

This can damage the wheel and cause all kinds of pops and squeaks over time. The wheel is a sensitive instrument.

Do not put any weight on the steering wheel whilst you enter/exit the car.
Appreciate 0