View Single Post
      10-30-2018, 09:33 AM   #7
jdcrammond
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 750iXDrive

Take the deal...up here in Canada BMW Canada refuses to even acknowledge a problem beyond the CCP "recall" a couple of years ago...BMW Toronto quoted me 22,000 C$ about 15,000 USD for a new engine...my third party warranty company stepped in an are doing a rebuild...new valve seals,vlaves, walnut blast intake and exhaust manifolds and replace all needed parts..the manifold issue, after speaking with 5 indy shops up here should almost be required maintenance given the fact they cant be cleaned using any additives...unfortunately the engine must come out however...on other notes...my car is at 95K miles...did the transmission flush at the dealer two months ago and runs like a new car...my engine was always solid just had the blue smoke issue after idling a few minutes...anyone buying one of these , 2011 750ixDrive or similar really needs to research what was done under the customer care package..I was lucky...everything done and that included ALL injectors...if they did half of them its a poor job...plus all the vent pipes etc etc....new battery , 105ah AGM now 3 years old and solid...regarding fuel...avoid anything with ethanol....after 4 weeks mine ran like a different car...switched my wifes Merc to Shell V Power (confirmed no ethanol) and her car runs like a different car...
Appreciate 0