Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Could not agree more. Social media is a destructive movement and only brings negativity. It creates jealousy, is used for bullying, spreading false information, antagonizing, instigating, etc. etc. I hope that one day, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram both crash and they never bring the servers back up. It would be good for humanity.
Seeing people perpetuate false information on social media drives me up the wall.

I can't tell you how many people I have un-friended/blocked because of it. Given, I was never very close with them in the first place, but after you try to correct someone they always backpedal with the "well my opinion..." story. You're "opinion" is based on false information and it helps perpetuate the ignorance of the social media world.

Social media could do such great things, but people are just plain idiots. One article that I read earlier this week I wholeheartedly agree with. It basically says that racism, privilege, gun violence, none of that is killing America. Anti-intellectualism is.

Quote:
In a country where a sitting congressman told a crowd that evolution and the Big Bang are “lies straight from the pit of hell,” (link is external) where the chairman of a Senate environmental panel brought a snowball (link is external) into the chamber as evidence that climate change is a hoax, where almost one in three citizens can’t name the vice president (link is external), it is beyond dispute that critical thinking has been abandoned as a cultural value. Our failure as a society to connect the dots, to see that such anti-intellectualism comes with a huge price, could eventually be our downfall.