xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcan747 View Post
I am thinking about adding it to my option list but wonder if would be more at
home in an M car or a night vision optioned car. This new 7 has great performance and could be easily tuned for an extra 75 HP so it would be an advantage to keep your eyes on that next turn. With this GPS display being so much improved with higher resolution, bigger screen and 3D style maps do owners even care to rely on the heads up displays limited data projection?
Wonder if the money would be better spent on the Luxury Seating package?
I liked all the options so I ordered every possible option

I have to say that I liked the Heads Up display a lot. Even though the HUD only has basic direction displays, I would still say go for it. You get used to it so fast that it feels strange going back to a car that doesn't have HUD. It's actually a good thing that the HUD only has basic information, because you are supposed to concentrate on the road and not on graphics that they project onto the windshield
Besides it's a lot faster for you to get the important information you need to know if there isn't all that 'fluff' around it
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0