View Single Post
      11-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #1
750lxi
Rep
Drives: 750Li

BMW wheel and tire insurance denied my claim

i have the bmw wheel and tire insurance policy and never had a problem before (they’ve replaced wheels and tires in the past without problem), but they are denying my claim for rims, stating i need to file an arbitration to ‘appeal’ their determination.

an inspection was done by an adjuster at my tire shop, where the shop even took off each of the rims and put them on a balancing machine to show the adjuster there is ‘hoop / ‘wobble’ to each and the adjustor noted same.

after a few days passed, the shop did not hear back from the insurance company, so they called the company which stated that claim had been denied. i then called the company, which said that managers reviewed the claim and they came to the determination there are no physical tell-tale signs the tires were bent due to road impact. i asked what those signs would be and they just said the claim was denied and i can appeal the decision by filing an arbitration!? i said the tires were tested on a machine and they are obviously bent, they said the machine results don’t matter as some rims sometimes can’t balance anyway!?

any advice is appreciated...

Last edited by 750lxi; 11-01-2013 at 04:21 PM..
Appreciate 0