View Single Post
      01-14-2018, 05:34 AM   #67
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Yeah the rear comfort seats with electronic controls are standard on all models. Controls for the seats are indeed on the centre arm rest. You then have to specify extras for the rear like heated, cooled and massage seats if you so desire those features. Though I think the minute you add massage seats you'll get the Touch tablet in the rear as it needs that to pick the massage programs.

Pelo Cat do you have the Executive Drive Pro or is that a queen level feature?

I've seen people on this forum say that feature improves the ride comfort quite a bit. I think the two cars I've driven both had it but don't know if it's only on when you push adaptive or all the time. I've no idea hence if I was using it or not as I didn't really try out Adaptive much. Will need to get hold of a manual and have a good read.

Ultimately though if they could fit you could probably put 24 - 25 inch wheels on the car and it would still be more comfortable than a 5 series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325_bucks View Post
I’m critical of ride too so do you think I should go back to 19s? Is that what you have?
Ask them to let you take the M760 out so you can find out. That only comes with 20 inch wheels because of the brake size. The car is also a lot more heavy with the engine so it's got a lot more weight for the suspension to deal with. So it's probably the worse case you can get in a 7 series in terms of comfort I suspect. Don't forget to push the sport button though so the flaps open and give it a rev

EDIT: Found this site that's got wheel weights:

Standard 18's are 619

Weight: 20.8lb

20inch could be 649i

Weight: 30.1lb

So a bit of a weight difference there. Some times the larger wheels are forged and the smaller ones aren't but seems not in this case.

To be honest I've done the large wheels looking nicer in the past but as I've got older I'd have to side with Pelo Cat here. The smaller wheels in theory should have a bit more comfort but not sure it'll be noticeable with air suspension. You'll get that bit better mpg as well.

Maybe either save yourself the money or pick another option or two instead? It looks like the 20's are a £2.6k option. You could add:

Driving Assistant Plus vs the Driving Assistant you've picked to get Active Cruise Control

or

Integral Active Steering to improve the handling of the car

or

Executive Drive Pro for more comfort

Last edited by FastLaneJB; 01-14-2018 at 05:59 AM..
Appreciate 0